Friday, August 22, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
I worked late last night on a couple of assemblages. "The Brotherhood" is a commissioned piece that is giving me fits. There's a couple of pieces on this thing that won't stay attached no matter what I do. So last night, I used the "glue of last hope" - Gorilla Glue. If you've never worked with Gorilla Glue, beware. Once applied, the stuff grows and swells like a loaf of bread wherever you put it. It only takes little teeny weeny bit to stick something, so don't do what I did and think "more is better." It's not. After it's dried you'll be chiseling if off of your artwork like barnacles on a ship's hull.