Monday, October 20, 2008

“This one wants to be a blues guitar.”


I have been struggling over the subject of my next guitar assemblage. It should be a fairly easy decision, but it hasn’t been. I had pretty much made up my mind to do a New Orleans themed guitar assemblage and was mapping it out in my mind over the last few days.

Then two nights ago, I had a dream. In this dream, I was sitting next to an old man who looked a little like blues legend Robert Johnson. I handed him my beat up old acoustic guitar that I was going to use for the assemblage and told him about my struggle over what theme to use. I then asked him to give me his opinion on what I should do.

He took the guitar, strummed a few chords, looked at me and said, “This one wants to be a blues guitar.” End of dream. I’m not superstitious or anything, but I can take a hint. A blues guitar it will be.

No comments: