Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Artist Statement

Thanks to the help of my lovely daughter, Jessica...who is a polisher of words, extraordinaire, I now have my artist's statement:

Breathing life into odd bits and pieces that others have cast off and thrown aside is the key to the formation of my assemblage artwork.

My passion for creating this kind of art reaches back into a childhood that was rich with the vision and imagination that is naturally found in my home state of Texas.


And much like the storytellers and characters that have created a state that is larger than life, I take pieces of everyday existence and craft them into something a little more fantastic and a little more exotic than they were originally meant to be.

2 comments:

abstractLatte said...

That is nice! Very eloquent but to the point.

Randy Hill said...

Thank you very much for the encouragement!